Pizza is often wrongly classified as a fast food. Modern pizza variations, which boast deep stuffed crusts and lots of high fat cheese and meat toppings can be classified that way but it is also possible to make healthy pizza dough and use healthy toppings. There is no need to find healthy alternatives to pizza because, made the right way, pizza can be a healthy meal itself.
Pizza makes an ideal lunch or dinner and you can even make a fruit pizza for dessert or an egg, vegetable, low fat sausage and cheese version for breakfast if you like.
One of the main pizza ingredients is tomatoes and these contain cancer-fighting lycopene. If you eat pizza once a week, you are far likely to develop stomach, lung, mouth, prostate, or colon cancer. Health studies have proved that you can lower your risk of esophageal cancer by nearly sixty percent by including tomatoes in your diet. Processed tomatoes, such as those found in pizza sauce, are even richer in lycopene because the antioxidant is concentrated.
A Healthy Pizza Crust, Sauce, and Toppings
It is important to use a healthy pizza crust recipe to get the most health benefit from your pizza. The foundation of your homemade pizza recipe is the crust and you can choose from different healthy pizza dough recipes. You might like to try a whole-wheat pizza dough crust because this is heart friendly and higher in fiber, vitamins, and minerals than white dough. Making a thin crust cuts down on carbohydrates too and a lot of people prefer this kind of crust texture. Also, remember that the key for a perfect tasting pizza crust relies in using a proper pizza oven – you can check some here.
When you choose a pizza sauce recipe, you might like to go for a traditional tomato sauce because it is low in calories and fat. White sauces, which use cheese and butter, are high in fat. You might like to try a pesto sauce made with a little bit of olive oil.
If you want to know how to make pizza more healthy, it is important to pay attention to the toppings you use. Black olives contain ingredients that can lower cholesterol and prevent heart disease. Onions are rich in fiber, vitamin C, and chromium. They can lower blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol. Red bell peppers are rich in vitamins A; B6 and C. Vegetables are delicious on pizza and are good for you too. Most vegetables have a negligible calorie content so feel free to pile them high on your pizza recipes.
Easy and Healthy Pizza Recipes
You are unlikely to get a healthy delivery pizza or frozen pizza because these are high in fatty toppings and low in vegetables and other nutritious ingredients. When you make a homemade pizza, you can control the fat content and the nutritional content of the ingredients you use. Homemade pizza works out much cheaper than take out pizza as well.
Homemade pizza is the tastiest kind because you can use your favorite ingredients. Low fat cheese and roasted vegetables make a great topping and you can add extra flavor with fresh herbs. Using turkey sausage or low fat ground beef means you can cut back on the excess calories you would find in a delivery pizza without sacrificing any flavor.
There are a lot of healthy pizza recipes, which are simple to make. Many people who want to enjoy a healthy diet or serve their family healthy meals automatically eliminate pizza from their weekly meal plan by categorizing it as a fast food. By using top quality ingredients, keeping the crust thin and the toppings healthy, you can make your own healthy pizza for the whole family to enjoy.
You might also like:-
- Twitter Tests New Shop Module via @sejournal, @RebekahDunne July 31, 2021Following Professional Profiles, Twitter announces the launch of the Shop Module as part of its wider approach to improving the shopping experience on the platform.The post Twitter Tests New Shop Module appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- 5 Best Digital Marketing Courses to Take in 2021 July 30, 2021Ready to take your professional career to the next level? Check out five of the best digital marketing courses available today.The post 5 Best Digital Marketing Courses to Take in 2021 appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- Google Discover: 10 Characteristics of Top-Performing Content [Study] via @sejournal, @lilyraynyc July 30, 2021Building Google Discover visibility and traffic is different from your regular SEO content strategy. See which 10 optimizations work best.The post Google Discover: 10 Characteristics of Top-Performing Content [Study] appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- How Storytelling Fuels Reporting Your Clients Can Get Excited About via @sejournal, @amyppc July 30, 2021A "just the facts" approach to reporting data can damage client relationships. Learn how & why to optimize reporting with storytelling.The post How Storytelling Fuels Reporting Your Clients Can Get Excited About appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- Instagram Search & Explore: A Complete Guide for Marketers via @sejournal, @JuliaEMcCoy July 29, 2021Learn how to use Instagram’s Search & Explore feature as part of your social media marketing strategy to get discovered.The post Instagram Search & Explore: A Complete Guide for Marketers appeared first on Search Engine Journal.