Successfully Enter the Blogosphere
Is your marketing department planning to enter the blogosphere with a new company blog? A few quick and easily implemented tips will help make the venture more successful.
Marketers have long known the 4Ps of marketing (product, place, pricing, promotion); working with the 4Ps of blogging (people, purpose, plan, posts) will help implement a company blog.
Blogging Tips – 2 Tips for the People Side of Blogging
- Start the blog by listening to the people involved with your company – people such as customers, vendors, and employees. Listen to what they want your company to communicate through the blog.
- Be honest with the blog readers. When posting information or opinions about topics or questions, be honest and don’t put a spin on the writing.
More Blogging Tips – 2 Tips for Purpose of the Blog
- Determine the goal or goals for the blog. Does the company want to provide conversational support? Does the company want to provide vendor information faster?
- Make the link to the company web site when determining the purpose of the blog. Where does the blog go in the site design? The answer will help determine the purpose. For example, if the link to the blog is placed on the product information page, the purpose of the blog must be to discuss product news, issues, etc.
Two Blogging Tips on Planning the Blog
- Make a plan for the blog itself and include items such as the purpose, the people, the posts and start dates, and how to measure the effects of the blog.
- Also, make a marketing plan that details how the company will promote the blog. Will the company use press releases to announce the blog? Will the blog go on business cards or other printed materials?
Three Tips for Blog Posts
- Develop an editorial calendar and an editorial process. Setting up an initial editorial plan for the blog will help get the bloggers in the company thinking about what to post. As the blog progresses, blog topics will present themselves. The editorial process involves asking if and who needs to review the posts before publishing.
- Writing blog posts should be conversational but about business. Personal information is not appropriate for business-related blogs.
- All good writers, including blog writers, know that good, informative writing begins with a lot of reading. Company bloggers will need time to read other related blogs so that their posts are relative and relevant. Monitoring other industry related blogs is also a good way to keep up on the competition.
With the tips detailed above, start blogging. The best way to understand and use the blogosphere is to get involved and just start posting blogs. Have fun with it and enjoy the time spent writing the posts and reading the comments and feedback.
- Twitter Tests New Shop Module via @sejournal, @RebekahDunne July 31, 2021Following Professional Profiles, Twitter announces the launch of the Shop Module as part of its wider approach to improving the shopping experience on the platform.The post Twitter Tests New Shop Module appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- 5 Best Digital Marketing Courses to Take in 2021 July 30, 2021Ready to take your professional career to the next level? Check out five of the best digital marketing courses available today.The post 5 Best Digital Marketing Courses to Take in 2021 appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- Google Discover: 10 Characteristics of Top-Performing Content [Study] via @sejournal, @lilyraynyc July 30, 2021Building Google Discover visibility and traffic is different from your regular SEO content strategy. See which 10 optimizations work best.The post Google Discover: 10 Characteristics of Top-Performing Content [Study] appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- How Storytelling Fuels Reporting Your Clients Can Get Excited About via @sejournal, @amyppc July 30, 2021A "just the facts" approach to reporting data can damage client relationships. Learn how & why to optimize reporting with storytelling.The post How Storytelling Fuels Reporting Your Clients Can Get Excited About appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- Instagram Search & Explore: A Complete Guide for Marketers via @sejournal, @JuliaEMcCoy July 29, 2021Learn how to use Instagram’s Search & Explore feature as part of your social media marketing strategy to get discovered.The post Instagram Search & Explore: A Complete Guide for Marketers appeared first on Search Engine Journal.