Successfully Enter the Blogosphere
Is your marketing department planning to enter the blogosphere with a new company blog? A few quick and easily implemented tips will help make the venture more successful.
Marketers have long known the 4Ps of marketing (product, place, pricing, promotion); working with the 4Ps of blogging (people, purpose, plan, posts) will help implement a company blog.
Blogging Tips – 2 Tips for the People Side of Blogging
- Start the blog by listening to the people involved with your company – people such as customers, vendors, and employees. Listen to what they want your company to communicate through the blog.
- Be honest with the blog readers. When posting information or opinions about topics or questions, be honest and don’t put a spin on the writing.
More Blogging Tips – 2 Tips for Purpose of the Blog
- Determine the goal or goals for the blog. Does the company want to provide conversational support? Does the company want to provide vendor information faster?
- Make the link to the company web site when determining the purpose of the blog. Where does the blog go in the site design? The answer will help determine the purpose. For example, if the link to the blog is placed on the product information page, the purpose of the blog must be to discuss product news, issues, etc.
Two Blogging Tips on Planning the Blog
- Make a plan for the blog itself and include items such as the purpose, the people, the posts and start dates, and how to measure the effects of the blog.
- Also, make a marketing plan that details how the company will promote the blog. Will the company use press releases to announce the blog? Will the blog go on business cards or other printed materials?
Three Tips for Blog Posts
- Develop an editorial calendar and an editorial process. Setting up an initial editorial plan for the blog will help get the bloggers in the company thinking about what to post. As the blog progresses, blog topics will present themselves. The editorial process involves asking if and who needs to review the posts before publishing.
- Writing blog posts should be conversational but about business. Personal information is not appropriate for business-related blogs.
- All good writers, including blog writers, know that good, informative writing begins with a lot of reading. Company bloggers will need time to read other related blogs so that their posts are relative and relevant. Monitoring other industry related blogs is also a good way to keep up on the competition.
With the tips detailed above, start blogging. The best way to understand and use the blogosphere is to get involved and just start posting blogs. Have fun with it and enjoy the time spent writing the posts and reading the comments and feedback.
- Top GMB Insights Trends Enterprise Brands Need to Know via @sejournal, @martinibuster May 4, 2021Research of pandemic influenced shopping trends reveal importance of using trends unique to your business to support data-driven changesThe post Top GMB Insights Trends Enterprise Brands Need to Know appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- Google Adds 3 New Features For People Ready to Travel Again via @sejournal, @MattGSouthern April 28, 2021As search trends show a renewed interest in travel, Google is adding new features to help people find the safest ways to travel.The post Google Adds 3 New Features For People Ready to Travel Again appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- Best Practices for Getting and Using Your Google Maps API Key April 27, 2021In this post, learn best practices for getting and using your Google Maps API Key as well as the benefits for multi-location brands.The post Best Practices for Getting and Using Your Google Maps API Key appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- Google Merchant Center: A Local SEO Goldmine for Retailers via @sejournal, @localseoguide April 12, 2021Learn how multi-location retailers can use Google Merchant Center to uncover a treasure trove of data to power local SEO campaigns.The post Google Merchant Center: A Local SEO Goldmine for Retailers appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- 10 Quick Restaurant SEO Tips to Boost Your Google Search Visibility via @sejournal, @coreydmorris April 8, 2021Get a taste of SEO success with these 10 tips designed to improve your restaurant's visibility in organic and local Google Search.The post 10 Quick Restaurant SEO Tips to Boost Your Google Search Visibility appeared first on Search Engine Journal.