Successfully Enter the Blogosphere
Is your marketing department planning to enter the blogosphere with a new company blog? A few quick and easily implemented tips will help make the venture more successful.
Marketers have long known the 4Ps of marketing (product, place, pricing, promotion); working with the 4Ps of blogging (people, purpose, plan, posts) will help implement a company blog.
Blogging Tips – 2 Tips for the People Side of Blogging
- Start the blog by listening to the people involved with your company – people such as customers, vendors, and employees. Listen to what they want your company to communicate through the blog.
- Be honest with the blog readers. When posting information or opinions about topics or questions, be honest and don’t put a spin on the writing.
More Blogging Tips – 2 Tips for Purpose of the Blog
- Determine the goal or goals for the blog. Does the company want to provide conversational support? Does the company want to provide vendor information faster?
- Make the link to the company web site when determining the purpose of the blog. Where does the blog go in the site design? The answer will help determine the purpose. For example, if the link to the blog is placed on the product information page, the purpose of the blog must be to discuss product news, issues, etc.
Two Blogging Tips on Planning the Blog
- Make a plan for the blog itself and include items such as the purpose, the people, the posts and start dates, and how to measure the effects of the blog.
- Also, make a marketing plan that details how the company will promote the blog. Will the company use press releases to announce the blog? Will the blog go on business cards or other printed materials?
Three Tips for Blog Posts
- Develop an editorial calendar and an editorial process. Setting up an initial editorial plan for the blog will help get the bloggers in the company thinking about what to post. As the blog progresses, blog topics will present themselves. The editorial process involves asking if and who needs to review the posts before publishing.
- Writing blog posts should be conversational but about business. Personal information is not appropriate for business-related blogs.
- All good writers, including blog writers, know that good, informative writing begins with a lot of reading. Company bloggers will need time to read other related blogs so that their posts are relative and relevant. Monitoring other industry related blogs is also a good way to keep up on the competition.
With the tips detailed above, start blogging. The best way to understand and use the blogosphere is to get involved and just start posting blogs. Have fun with it and enjoy the time spent writing the posts and reading the comments and feedback.
- How Risky Is It REALLY to Change Your Article Dates for SEO? via @ab80 September 22, 2020Some websites update articles (or just date stamps) to make their content look fresh to get more clicks. Learn its SEO benefits and consequences here.The post How Risky Is It REALLY to Change Your Article Dates for SEO? via @ab80 appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- How Can I Feature a Temporary Promotion Without Losing My Primary Keyword? via @cshel September 22, 2020Is it possible to change the featured offer on a page without losing the ranking for a prized keyword? Yes (probably). Learn more here.The post How Can I Feature a Temporary Promotion Without Losing My Primary Keyword? via @cshel appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- How to Write Content Better & Faster: 10 Secrets to Try Now via @tallchickvic September 22, 2020A well-thought-out strategy is important in creating high-quality content fast. Here are 10 tactics, tips, and tools to use.The post How to Write Content Better & Faster: 10 Secrets to Try Now via @tallchickvic appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- Googlers Do Not Answer Direct Messages; Here’s Why via @MattGSouthern September 22, 2020Google’s Search Relations team explains why they cannot answer direct messages from SEOs and site owners, according to company policy.The post Googlers Do Not Answer Direct Messages; Here’s Why via @MattGSouthern appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- YouTube Removed Twice As Many Videos Between April and June via @MattGSouthern September 21, 2020YouTube removed twice the usual amount of videos between April and June after relying on AI to moderate content amid forced lockdowns.The post YouTube Removed Twice As Many Videos Between April and June via @MattGSouthern appeared first on Search Engine Journal.