Successfully Enter the Blogosphere
Is your marketing department planning to enter the blogosphere with a new company blog? A few quick and easily implemented tips will help make the venture more successful.
Marketers have long known the 4Ps of marketing (product, place, pricing, promotion); working with the 4Ps of blogging (people, purpose, plan, posts) will help implement a company blog.
Blogging Tips – 2 Tips for the People Side of Blogging
- Start the blog by listening to the people involved with your company – people such as customers, vendors, and employees. Listen to what they want your company to communicate through the blog.
- Be honest with the blog readers. When posting information or opinions about topics or questions, be honest and don’t put a spin on the writing.
More Blogging Tips – 2 Tips for Purpose of the Blog
- Determine the goal or goals for the blog. Does the company want to provide conversational support? Does the company want to provide vendor information faster?
- Make the link to the company web site when determining the purpose of the blog. Where does the blog go in the site design? The answer will help determine the purpose. For example, if the link to the blog is placed on the product information page, the purpose of the blog must be to discuss product news, issues, etc.
Two Blogging Tips on Planning the Blog
- Make a plan for the blog itself and include items such as the purpose, the people, the posts and start dates, and how to measure the effects of the blog.
- Also, make a marketing plan that details how the company will promote the blog. Will the company use press releases to announce the blog? Will the blog go on business cards or other printed materials?
Three Tips for Blog Posts
- Develop an editorial calendar and an editorial process. Setting up an initial editorial plan for the blog will help get the bloggers in the company thinking about what to post. As the blog progresses, blog topics will present themselves. The editorial process involves asking if and who needs to review the posts before publishing.
- Writing blog posts should be conversational but about business. Personal information is not appropriate for business-related blogs.
- All good writers, including blog writers, know that good, informative writing begins with a lot of reading. Company bloggers will need time to read other related blogs so that their posts are relative and relevant. Monitoring other industry related blogs is also a good way to keep up on the competition.
With the tips detailed above, start blogging. The best way to understand and use the blogosphere is to get involved and just start posting blogs. Have fun with it and enjoy the time spent writing the posts and reading the comments and feedback.
- Google Ads Introduces Three New Bidding Strategies via @MattGSouthern May 20, 2019Google has introduced three new bidding strategies for Google Ads advertisers that offer more flexibility than Smart Bidding.The post Google Ads Introduces Three New Bidding Strategies via @MattGSouthern appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- How Google Search Ranking Works – Darwinism in Search via @jasonmbarnard May 19, 2019In this post, you'll learn a stunning insight from Gary Illyes about how Google search ranking works.The post How Google Search Ranking Works – Darwinism in Search via @jasonmbarnard appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- Link Distance Ranking Algorithms via @martinibuster May 18, 2019Understanding link ranking algorithms may improve how you approach link building.The post Link Distance Ranking Algorithms via @martinibuster appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- User-Centric Optimization: 3 Ways to Improve Your Website Experience via @rachellcostello May 17, 2019Learn how you can tailor speed enhancements around the user's browsing conditions.The post User-Centric Optimization: 3 Ways to Improve Your Website Experience via @rachellcostello appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- Competitor Keyword Analysis: 5 Ways to Fill the Gaps in Your Organic Strategy & Get More Traffic via @Kammie_Jenkins May 17, 2019Here's how to analyze competitor keywords to find ideas you can use to improve your organic search strategy.The post Competitor Keyword Analysis: 5 Ways to Fill the Gaps in Your Organic Strategy & Get More Traffic via @Kammie_Jenkins appeared first on Search Engine Journal.