Successfully Enter the Blogosphere
Is your marketing department planning to enter the blogosphere with a new company blog? A few quick and easily implemented tips will help make the venture more successful.
Marketers have long known the 4Ps of marketing (product, place, pricing, promotion); working with the 4Ps of blogging (people, purpose, plan, posts) will help implement a company blog.
Blogging Tips – 2 Tips for the People Side of Blogging
- Start the blog by listening to the people involved with your company – people such as customers, vendors, and employees. Listen to what they want your company to communicate through the blog.
- Be honest with the blog readers. When posting information or opinions about topics or questions, be honest and don’t put a spin on the writing.
More Blogging Tips – 2 Tips for Purpose of the Blog
- Determine the goal or goals for the blog. Does the company want to provide conversational support? Does the company want to provide vendor information faster?
- Make the link to the company web site when determining the purpose of the blog. Where does the blog go in the site design? The answer will help determine the purpose. For example, if the link to the blog is placed on the product information page, the purpose of the blog must be to discuss product news, issues, etc.
Two Blogging Tips on Planning the Blog
- Make a plan for the blog itself and include items such as the purpose, the people, the posts and start dates, and how to measure the effects of the blog.
- Also, make a marketing plan that details how the company will promote the blog. Will the company use press releases to announce the blog? Will the blog go on business cards or other printed materials?
Three Tips for Blog Posts
- Develop an editorial calendar and an editorial process. Setting up an initial editorial plan for the blog will help get the bloggers in the company thinking about what to post. As the blog progresses, blog topics will present themselves. The editorial process involves asking if and who needs to review the posts before publishing.
- Writing blog posts should be conversational but about business. Personal information is not appropriate for business-related blogs.
- All good writers, including blog writers, know that good, informative writing begins with a lot of reading. Company bloggers will need time to read other related blogs so that their posts are relative and relevant. Monitoring other industry related blogs is also a good way to keep up on the competition.
With the tips detailed above, start blogging. The best way to understand and use the blogosphere is to get involved and just start posting blogs. Have fun with it and enjoy the time spent writing the posts and reading the comments and feedback.
- Could You Offer People a Reward or Discounts to Gain Backlinks? via @tonynwright December 1, 2020While exchanging money or goods for links may be appropriate in some cases, there are potential risks you need to know about. Learn more here.The post Could You Offer People a Reward or Discounts to Gain Backlinks? via @tonynwright appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- How to Find Anyone’s Email Address in 60 Seconds or Less via @jonleeclark December 1, 2020Finding an influencer's email address can be a difficult and time-consuming task. Learn how to streamline the process with these tools and tips.The post How to Find Anyone’s Email Address in 60 Seconds or Less via @jonleeclark appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- Get Better Reporting from SEMrush Data Studio Connector [Webinar] via @lorenbaker December 1, 2020Join our next webinar and learn how you can make the most of Google Data Studio to get advanced SEO insights and generate better reports.The post Get Better Reporting from SEMrush Data Studio Connector [Webinar] via @lorenbaker appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- The Agency Guide to Surviving Next Year’s Black Friday Week via @PPCKirk December 1, 2020The aftermath of the holiday rush often leave agencies exhausted – but this doesn't have to be the case. These four tips can help.The post The Agency Guide to Surviving Next Year’s Black Friday Week via @PPCKirk appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- Google Web Story Strategies & SEO Best Practices [PODCAST] December 1, 2020On the next special roundtable episode of Marketing O'Clock, three SEO experts discuss web story optimization for Google Search and Discover.The post Google Web Story Strategies & SEO Best Practices [PODCAST] appeared first on Search Engine Journal.