Successfully Enter the Blogosphere
Is your marketing department planning to enter the blogosphere with a new company blog? A few quick and easily implemented tips will help make the venture more successful.
Marketers have long known the 4Ps of marketing (product, place, pricing, promotion); working with the 4Ps of blogging (people, purpose, plan, posts) will help implement a company blog.
Blogging Tips – 2 Tips for the People Side of Blogging
- Start the blog by listening to the people involved with your company – people such as customers, vendors, and employees. Listen to what they want your company to communicate through the blog.
- Be honest with the blog readers. When posting information or opinions about topics or questions, be honest and don’t put a spin on the writing.
More Blogging Tips – 2 Tips for Purpose of the Blog
- Determine the goal or goals for the blog. Does the company want to provide conversational support? Does the company want to provide vendor information faster?
- Make the link to the company web site when determining the purpose of the blog. Where does the blog go in the site design? The answer will help determine the purpose. For example, if the link to the blog is placed on the product information page, the purpose of the blog must be to discuss product news, issues, etc.
Two Blogging Tips on Planning the Blog
- Make a plan for the blog itself and include items such as the purpose, the people, the posts and start dates, and how to measure the effects of the blog.
- Also, make a marketing plan that details how the company will promote the blog. Will the company use press releases to announce the blog? Will the blog go on business cards or other printed materials?
Three Tips for Blog Posts
- Develop an editorial calendar and an editorial process. Setting up an initial editorial plan for the blog will help get the bloggers in the company thinking about what to post. As the blog progresses, blog topics will present themselves. The editorial process involves asking if and who needs to review the posts before publishing.
- Writing blog posts should be conversational but about business. Personal information is not appropriate for business-related blogs.
- All good writers, including blog writers, know that good, informative writing begins with a lot of reading. Company bloggers will need time to read other related blogs so that their posts are relative and relevant. Monitoring other industry related blogs is also a good way to keep up on the competition.
With the tips detailed above, start blogging. The best way to understand and use the blogosphere is to get involved and just start posting blogs. Have fun with it and enjoy the time spent writing the posts and reading the comments and feedback.
- 7 Effective Tactics to Defeat Internet Trolls via @JuliaEMcCoy September 15, 2019Use these seven effective tips when dealing with trolls you encounter online.The post 7 Effective Tactics to Defeat Internet Trolls via @JuliaEMcCoy appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- Google’s John Mueller on Where to Insert JSON-LD Structured Data via @MattGSouthern September 14, 2019In the latest instalment of the #AskGoogleWebmasters video series, Google’s John Mueller answers a common question about JSON-LD structured data.The post Google’s John Mueller on Where to Insert JSON-LD Structured Data via @MattGSouthern appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- Google Ads App Now Displays Campaign Optimization Scores via @MattGSouthern September 14, 2019Google has updated the Google Ads app with support for campaign optimization scores.The post Google Ads App Now Displays Campaign Optimization Scores via @MattGSouthern appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- Google Updates Search Rankings to Favor Original News Reporting via @MattGSouthern September 13, 2019Google is updating search rankings to give more weight to the original reporting of news stories.The post Google Updates Search Rankings to Favor Original News Reporting via @MattGSouthern appeared first on Search Engine Journal.
- SEO for Creatives: What Designers, Artists, Photographers & Writers Need to Know via @Carolyn_Lyden September 13, 2019Here's how creatives and SMBs can find success in driving visitors to their website from Google and other search engines.The post SEO for Creatives: What Designers, Artists, Photographers & Writers Need to Know via @Carolyn_Lyden appeared first on Search Engine Journal.